The five main points of Park Smart are:
1. Start Small: Work your way up. Build your skills.
2. Make a Plan: Every feature. Every time.
3. Always Look: Before you drop.
4. Respect: the features and other users.
5. Take it Easy: Know your limits. Land on your feet.
Each feature can be broken down into 4 zones. Identify these zones and have a plan before using any Freestyle Terrain.
Approach zone is the space for setting your speed and stance to use the feature.
Takeoff zone is for making moves that start your trick.
Maneuver zone is for controlling your body in the air and setting up for landing.
Landing zone is the prepared slope between the knuckle and the runout beyond it.